Why wooden wicks are better than cotton
So…why would you choose a wooden wick over a traditional cotton wick? Oh, let me count the reasons!
Our candles using wooden wicks create a truly unique visual AND audible experience. That’s right – you’re getting a beautiful flickering flame and a soft crackling sound that’s reminiscent of cozy nights by a fireplace. What’s not to love?
Wooden wicks also produce a distinctive flat horizontal flame, which give a modern and uncommon quality to your candle. I love the shape of this flame compared to the normal run-of-the-mill flame of a cotton wick. Been there, done that! Also, wooden wicks don’t ‘mushroom’ the way cotton wicks do! That means minimal carbon buildup and minimal debris and sooting.
So, aside from a beautiful and unique appearance, a soothing crackling sound, and an excellent burn, you might think “done deal, I’m sold!” but wait, there’s more! As a candlemaker, wooden wicks are also easier to use. Since wooden wicks are rigid, they require no setting with a wick bar, no straightening or fidgeting with. Set-up is super simple, requiring only setting them in the wick sustainer and placing them in the vessel with a glue dot. Easy-peasy!
It’s a Fact, You Planted a Tree
Here is a wooden wick fact we can all get excited about… For every $100 spent by using wooden wicks, our supplier plants a tree through Trees for the Future. You’ve helped them plant well over 50,000 trees to date!
If you are like us, you might be thinking “how nice, we can help make the world a little greener.” While that is true, planting trees does make the world a little bit greener, what we did not realize at first glance was the true significance of what this simple gesture can help accomplish. Planting trees through Trees for the Future is changing people’s lives forever.
Trees for the Future currently has 14 projects underway in five countries. Through their Forest Garden Program, planting specific types of trees and crops in a systematic manner, families are provided with sustainable food sources, livestock feed, products to sell, fuel wood and up to a 500% increase in their annual income.
When you plant trees through Trees for the Future:
- You create educational opportunities for children.
- You empower women.
- You build strong communities.
- You permanently increase the income of poor farmers.
- You help families to feed themselves.
- You provide permanent and seasonal employment.
- You provide fuel wood so villagers don’t need to cut down trees.
- You create fodder to feed livestock.
- You give the world a way to end the battle between farms and forests to revitalize and improve soil quality.
- You reverse environmental degradation, restore biodiversity and remove megatons of greenhouse gases from the atmosphere.
- You change people’s lives for the better. Forever.
So using candles with wooden wicks helps our world in more ways than one.
Say yes to wooden wick candles. Click here to see our wooden wick candles. we’ll be launching a whole new range in ceramic dishes shortly.